Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tutorial Tuesday - Cranberry Orange Muffins

This week's tutorial is a delicious muffin recipe from Honey Bee Holistics . I would love to get these as breakfast in bed for Mother's Day!

How about some Sunny Cranberry Orange muffins to warm you up!

So yesterday was an event filled day! After months with only a few spits of snow, we got over 12" in ONE DAY! Since we live in the Mountain Valley, we are sure to get snow when it blows through. It started out with huge flakes yesterday morning and then continued all day & night!
So it inspired me to fix something warm in the oven....Nothing like the warm smell of muffins baking in the oven to start the morning off right. I have made my family's new favorite...Organic Cranberry Orange Muffins!

It is lightly sweet with loads of sweet mandarin oranges & sweet cranberries. It is 90% organic as I couldn't find organic mandarin oranges & organic cranberries, but anyway still just as good:)
Here is my recipe if you want to make some up for yourself, Snow or not:)

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and get out a large mixing bowl.

You will need the following:
2 cups Organic All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Organic Orange Juice (pulp -or- pulp free/I used pulp free)
1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil, but you can use any other oil alternately)
1 Organic Free-Range egg
1/3 cup Organic Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Organic Cane Sugar
3 tsp. Aluminum Free Baking Powder ( I used Rumford's)
1/2 tsp. sea salt (I used fine ground)
1/2 tsp. Organic Cinnamon
1-(10oz.)jar or can of Mandarin Oranges;drained


1 1/3 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen;I finished off my frozen pkg)

Now just dump all the ingredients in the mixing bowl EXCEPT for the Mandarins and cranberries. Don't worry about mixing dry & wet etc. It should look like this
Then mix by hand with a wooden spoon. This makes a difference as the wood doesn't cause a reaction with the acid of the orange juice as some metals can. Anyway, it is more old-fashioned and fun! Also, don't worry about mixing all of the lumps out, just a good incorporation will work.<




Now fold in the cranberries & mandarin oranges.
It should look like this!

This will make 12 regular muffins, or 6 jumbo muffins. I have used my cast iron jumbo muffin tin here. Cast iron helps them have a light crispy crust with a fluffy inside!

I also use an ice-cream scoop to put the batter in the wells. It is easier to do than scrape off a spoon with my finger, and it is easier to portion evenly.

Then before putting them in the oven, I sprinkled them with my own cinnamon sugar sprinkle. Of course this step is optional, but gives it a nice crispy top!



Bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick tested comes clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove to cool the rest of the way.
As soon as they are ready from the pan, I cut it open and take a warm bite! MMMMMMMMM yummy!!
Originally posted by Honey Bee Holistics.

Thank you for stopping by this week for the Cranberry Orange Muffin tutorial and I hope to see you next week!
Monika, My Lovebug Baby

***One of our Treasure Hunt winners has not claimed her prize! We have chosen another winner! It is Sarah D! Please claim your prize either here in the comments or as a comment to the facebook post and email sahm.etsy@gmail.com with your paypal email address so I can send you an invoice for the shipping! Thanks!***

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing my muffin recipe! Hope everyone tries it out!

    ReplyDelete