Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Feature Shop: My Little Nuggets

Good morning! I'd like to introduce you to Doray of My Little Nuggets. Thanks for your participation with our team! -Cori of Peace, Baby! Batiks

What is your name?
Doray

Where are you located?
SF Bay Area

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a SAHM of 2 chiclets-- an almost 8-year-old son & a 4-year-old little lady. I have never EVER crafted a thing in my life, and last year I decided to make some cards for a friend. Next thing you know, I was neck deep in stamps, ink, and fun paper. One day my daughter asked for some clips at a store and I thought "$15?? I bet I could make those!" and I never looked back.

I'm a voracious reader and I know how to navigate the Internet like a spy. No one in my family books a flight, reserves a hotel room, or buys an appliance without consulting me first! My mother nicknamed me "encyclopedia"...

Hot pink stretch headband with yellow fabric flower

What type of merchandise will shoppers find in your shop?
Hair accessories!!! Even though it's all tagged for children, a lot of mommies have been ordering stuff for themselves :) Next stop: fairy wands...

How/why did you get started?
I got started b/c I was making all these clippies for my son's friends. At parties, all the moms would go nuts and start asking for some and that they'd pay me! So I said why not?

How long have you been crafting?
Just 2 years!!!

Rolled rosette headband in pink green blue on skinny elastic

What is your favorite thing to make?
Headbands and rosettes...

What are your favorite materials to work with?
Cotton!!! It's so versatile...

What inspires you to create?
My daughter...she's such a girl, and watching her play makes me want to indulge her every whim. My son has asked for me to make him something...but what do you make a little lego nut?

Retro 80s braided double bar barrette in purple and white satin ribbon

What is one thing you need to have with you while you craft?
Music.

How do you balance mothering and running a small business?
I have yet to figure that out! There are so many days where I feel terrible because everyone got a meal from Trader Joe's and they watched 100 movies -- other days I just stay  up late at night. But my kids understand that mommy is trying to do something for the family, and they love to watch me do stuff. A lot of times I give them scraps to play with so they feel part of the process.

What is your favorite thing to browse Etsy for?
Food. Especially sweets.

Spring green headband and barrette set

When you're not crafting, what are you doing?
I wish I could give you a witty and different answer -- but it's the usual mommy stuff -- housework, taking the kids around town for their activities, volunteering at the schools.

Where can we find you?
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyLittleNuggets
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mylittlenuggets
Blog: http://mylilnuggets.blogspot.com/

What is your favorite shop (not yours) on Etsy currently?
I'd have to say Amborela & Fusionsweets

Gator korker bow

1 comment:

  1. Totally rockin! Thank you!!

    PS -- Starting a giveaway on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete