Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Feature Shop: Bows by Emily Grace

This week, I'd like to introduce you to Lorie, and active member of our team and the creative force behind Bows by Emily Grace. Learn more about this crafty mom of two! -Cori of Peace, Baby! Batiks

What is your name?
Lorie

Where are you located?
Northeastern Pennsylvania

Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a stay at home wife and mommy to my two children, ages 8 and 5, and our three dogs. I love to make hair bows, but I also like to crochet and read for relaxation.

What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
Hair accessories for little (and big) girls!

How long have you been making hair accessories?
Ever since our daughter was born eight years ago, its really been an addiction!

What or who got you started in your craft?
I have always been a crafting person, even as a child, my mom started me in crafts, but I started making hair bows once our daughter was born.

Gingham Flower Clippie Set

Tell us the story behind this item: Gingham Flower Clippie Set. What inspired you?
I just love gingham; it reminds me of years ago, when times were simpler. I made this particular set around the Fourth of July last year because I thought the red gingham and white background looked so fresh and clean for the holiday!

How did your shop get its name?
My daughter's name is Emily Grace.

Easter Headband and Clippie Set

How do you balance mothering and running a small business?
My family always comes first. I usually make my hair accessories when my children are at school or gone to bed for the night.

What is one piece of advice or a tip you'd give other stay-at-home moms?
Always put your family first....your children will never be this age again, don't miss a single minute!

Orange Tuxedo Bow Hair Clippie Set

Do you have a favorite quote or inspirational saying you'd like to share?
My life's inspiration is a Bible verse...."Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths" Proverbs 3:5-6.

What do you like to browse for on Etsy?
Silver stamped jewelry!!!!!!!

Peace Sign Boutique Style Bow

What is your favorite Etsy shop currently?
www.etsy.com/shop/JoyBelleJewelry Gorgeous jewelry at amazing prices! I just ordered a necklace for myself and my sister who just had her first baby!

Where can we find you?
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/BowsbyEmilyGrace
Facebook: www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bows-by-Emily-Grace/206161516087455

Doll & Me Woven Headband Set

No comments:

Post a Comment