Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tutorial Tuesdays - Felt Flower Magnets

For this week's tutorial I chose the Felt Flower Fridge Magnets by LillyBunnsBoutique. I thought that they would make great gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week next week May 2-6.

Felt Flower Fridge Magnets by LillyBunnsBoutique:


Here's my tutorial for how to do the fridge magnets!
I decided to make a Peone and large and small Cherry Blossoms.  Just click to get to the templates!

Supplies:
Sharpie
Felt in any colors plus green
Buttons
Hot Glue Gun
Magnets (I used "magnet buttons" from Walmart"

Step One: Print and cut out the templates.


Step Two: Trace the templates onto the felt in the colors you choose with the sharpie.  Make sure to cut the leaves out of green





Step Three: Cut the shapes out of the felt.  Try to cut inside of the line from you tracing so there is as little of the sharpie showing.

Step Four: Lay the pieces out in the order they will be stacked up (smallest to largest leaves on last)


Step Five: Put a dab of hot glue on the leaves then attach the next largest piece.  Continue until you've put all the pieces on






Step Six: Attach the magnets.  The magnets I used had a sticky back.  If yours don't you might want to attach them with E6000 (Oops didn't get a pic of that, but you get the idea!)

Step 7:  Attach the button.  I used high temp hot glue and they are fairly secure, and since they will pretty much just always stay in place on the fridge I don't think they will fall off.  But if you plan to move them around a bunch, I'd glue it on with E6000

Step 8: Stick it on the fridge for all to admire!

Originally posted by LillyBunnsBoutique.

Thank you for stopping by this week for the Felt Flower Magnets tutorial and I hope to see you next week!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! What a great idea just in time for Mother's day!!

    ReplyDelete