This is one of my family's favorite meals. It's simple, but delicious! My kids are allergic to dairy so we don't add cheese, but I know that some shredded Parmesan or chunks of mozzarella would be a nice addition on top.
Spaghetti with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 1 box of Spaghetti
- 1 lb cooked chicken, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bag of spinach (12 or 16oz )
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Put tomatoes in an 8x8 baking dish with garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, cook pasta according to the box instructions. When the tomatoes are done, pour the bread crumbs over them and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Set aside when done.
- Heat chicken broth in a large saute pan and add spinach. Cook spinach in broth over medium-high until all the leaves are wilted. Turn down heat to low and add tomato mixture.
- Gently stir in the tomatoes being sure not to smash them. Add chicken and heat through for a few minutes.