Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Feature Shop: Altered by Jenn

The items in this week's featured shop, Altered by Jenn, are so festive, I want to plan a party! Meet Jenn, the mom behind the shop. Plus, she's offering 20% off all gift boxes until Dec. 7! -Cori of Peace, Baby! Batiks

What is your name?
Jenn

Where are you located?
Nebraska

Tell us a little about yourself.
I have been married to my wonderful husband since January 2005 and we have 2 children, our son is 5-1/2, and our daughter is 3. I am on the steering team for the local MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). I grew up in the Air Force, so I really have no home, LOL.

Santa Treat Boxes

What type of merchandise will shoppers find in your shop? 
Banners, cupcake and cake toppers, bookmarks, note pads, Tooth Fairy Tins, and more.

How/why did you get started? 
Everyone kept telling me that I needed to start selling my stuff since it was cute.

How long have you been crafting? 
I've been working with paper since 2006.

Dalmatian Mini Banner - I AM 1

What is your favorite thing to make?
Custom orders. Some of the ideas my customers have asked me to create are things that I would have never thought about making.

What are your favorite materials to work with?
Paper and ribbon

What is one thing you need to have with you while you craft?
Snacks

Reindeer Treat Boxes

How do you balance mothering and running a small business?
I try to only work on my business during nap time and after the kids go to bed at night. But sometimes you'll find me making designs on my Cricut Gypsy to later cut out.

What is your favorite thing to browse Etsy for? 
Inspiration and gifts

Tooth Fairy Tin - Dark Brown Haired Boy

When you're not crafting, what are you doing? 
Spending time with my family, reading, having coffee with friends.

Where can we find you?
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alteredbyjenn
Etsy: www.alteredbyjenn.com
Blog: alteredbyjenn.blogspot.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alteredbyjenn

What is your favorite shop (not yours) on Etsy currently? 
Pedestrian Designs (www.etsy.com/shop/pedestrian)

Happy Birthday Banner - Lil Birdie Theme

No comments:

Post a Comment